Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ngeli ya Baiskeli IV: Brass band auditions...

St. Blackie is one heck of a character; one worthy of being placed in a bicycle hall of fame somewhere in this world. These are sentiments you would most definately agree with if you had been following the serialisation of the life and times of Dude and St. Blackie (hmm, theres a ring to that, a story in the offing, but I digress). Thus far we have established a couple of amazing facts, noteworthy on so many levels and to some just a chronicle of a timewaster (another ring...hmmm..)
One must have realised by now that the Mother Teresa of bicycles has come into my possesion and is now my faithful mode of tranpsortation to pretty much anywhere. Second, you must have noticed by now that St. Blackie is more that just a saint-bicycle; she has proven to be a multi-talented fabricaton with a keen 'ear' for music.

Well, theres a new sound in St. Blackie's fold. A drumming and clanking sound. Sounds like a not-so skilled drummer on a brand new set of drums hammering away at it and driving me mad. A lesser man would have gone mad by now, but not me. I have actually started to pick up songs from the infernal racket being emitted by this saint of ours. The other day I could distinctly pick out the beats to 'Real World' by Matchbox 20.

In this vein, methinks I will paint a banner and stick it at the back of the saint, with the words BRASS BAND AUDITIONS embalzoned across it seeing that at this rate, I will soon have a choir riding behind me to make use of the beats being belted out by St. Blsckie. I'm thinking of picking up my guitar and writing a song accompanied by St. Blackie; only problem is, someone needs to be riding for the music to come forth; any takers?

No comments: